Friday, December 4, 2009

Great Smoky Mountain National Park

I've neglected this blog. My mind hasn't really been on the trail which as far as I'm concerned isn't a bad thing. I'm trying to move on to the next fun thing (without forgetting the best of the AT). So here is the GSMNP portion of the AT. Currently I'm not worried about it because I need to get the rest of the 800 miles of trail the park has to offer.




Coming from the south you have to cross Fontana Dam to access the park.


Looking down on Fontana Lake


A glimpse of trail through the park.

I believe this is Rocky Top if I remember right. But apparently not the Rocky Top from the song.



Jon hanging out





I'll never forget the smell of fir and pines on Clingman's Dome.


View from Charlie's Bunyon.




I'll try to put up my NC pictures soon. Then its just GA after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment